It's getting kind of crazy with the Holidays now upon us. Things are getting pretty busy for me.
I started my new position at work this past Wednesday. What a change it has been. I have gone from a very intense and difficult position, at times, to one that is definitely more relaxed and a little mundane. But I am grateful for the opportunity and will probably be assigned more tasks after the Holidays, when vacations and time off will be over for my new teammates. They don't want to start teaching me things and then not have anyone around to answer questions I may have.
This has been a pretty good week. I went to see the musical Annie on Friday night with some friends at the local community theater. It was AWESOME. The cast was AMAZING. The girls who played the orphans were fantastic. An enjoyable evening with friends. I couldn't have asked for a better Friday night. Then yesterday was a typical crazy Saturday for me. Cleaning, laundry, errands, etc. Then last night we had a Christmas dinner for our Ward Choir at the directors home. What a wonderful evening. She is from Korea and made us an authentic Korean dinner. It was wonderful. She is such a great cook. Another wonderful evening. I also made three double batches of fudge yesterday. It was an extremely busy Saturday, but I made it through.
Today has been a good day. We had a good Testimony Meeting. The kids in Primary like what I am doing for singing time this month. I am trying to remind them of the gifts that our Father in Heaven and Jesus have given to us. I am hoping that it will help them to focus a little more on what Christmas is all about and not just the commercialism of it all. Tonight I had the Haynes family over for the 1st Presidency Christmas Devotional. That was fun. I love to have people over, but don't very often. What good friends they are.
This week is going to be pretty crazy. A very busy week. I think I have something every night this week except for Friday. So, I am going to stop writing now and head to bed so I can try and get some rest.
Lori, I love your blog...especially the name. I'm so glad you are doing well. You deserve all the good things that life has to offer. You are so sweet and have so much knowledge and understanding about depression that I know you will help many others.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Sister Hansen